World will deliver 'clean energy breakthrough' - 24th February
Bill Gates has predicted researchers will discover a breakthrough to save the planet and power the world within the next 15 years. The technology billionaire says this will only happen however if young people, businesses and governments step up to the plate.
Gates argues that it should be a development priority to deliver clean energy to the 1.3 billion people without access to power. In addition, he explains that the power needs to be low carbon energy in order to address the risks of climate change. 'New green technologies are allowing the world to produce more carbon-free energy from solar and wind power' says Gates.
Through a combination of private sector research and development, government action and individual endeavour, Gates argues that a new generation of clean energy technologies can be delivered.
Read more HERE
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive