Ukrainian school children visit Ayrshire
This year, we have donated £500 to sponsor one child while they visit Ayrshire, which is Diana Khylia who is 12 years old. The children live 90km from Chernobyl and even though 29 years have passed, people are still negatively affected and suffer with ill-health. This is an opportunity for children to improve their health and enjoy wonderful experiences whilst on holiday in Scotland.
This is the 2nd child we have sponsored from the Ukraine and it is awe-inspiring to support Michael Lafferty and his team of volunteers and local families at the Ayrshire Branch who provide this fabulous opportunity for these children.
Diana and her friends will be in Ayrshire from 14th June to 12th July.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive