Ukrainian school children visit Ayrshire
This year, we have donated £500 to sponsor one child while they visit Ayrshire, which is Diana Khylia who is 12 years old. The children live 90km from Chernobyl and even though 29 years have passed, people are still negatively affected and suffer with ill-health. This is an opportunity for children to improve their health and enjoy wonderful experiences whilst on holiday in Scotland.
This is the 2nd child we have sponsored from the Ukraine and it is awe-inspiring to support Michael Lafferty and his team of volunteers and local families at the Ayrshire Branch who provide this fabulous opportunity for these children.
Diana and her friends will be in Ayrshire from 14th June to 12th July.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive