UK wind energy hits record high - 26th February
New figures from the Department of Energy and Climate Change show wind energy production during the final quarter of 2015 hit record levels.
The December 2015 Energy Statistics show wind generation from major power producers was up 17.4% compared to that of 2014. Offshore wind energy generation was up 22% and onshore wind energy generation rose by 12.7% over this period.
Low carbon electricty generation continues to increase and the figures show this accounts for almost half of the electricity generation from major power producers last year at 43%.
Read more HERE
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive