Traditional Anemometer Masts may become a thing of the past - 13th October
REG Windpower has just been granted permission to site a new laser system to measure windspeeds on rough ground near Kirkbudbright. The system comprises of a trailer mounted laser, and works by illuminating the movement of dust, pollen and droplets in the atmosphere which can then be accurately measured. This new system replaces the traditional wind monitoring mast.
The proposed laser has a longer wavelength than that which is visible to the naked eye so would have no impact on residential amenity, tourism and cumulative visual impact.
For more information on this story, please click HERE.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive