St Palladius Primary visit Dalry Community Wind Farm to learn about electricity generation -6th June
BeGreen Dalry’s Education Ranger Pete Boustead recently took the P4/5/6 of St. Palladius Primary School to Dalry Community Wind Farm to gain some first-hand experience of renewable electricity generation. Ranger Pete took the pupils around the site and they managed to get up close to one of the turbines; from here, the pupils learnt about the turbines and how electricity is generated by the wind.
The teacher on the trip said that “It was really exciting to be able to go up there and stand underneath a wind turbine. It was a great view for the top of the hill. Thanks very much to Community Windpower for making this trip possible”
Community Windpower are glad that the children enjoyed this valuable educational day out and it looks like they picked a perfect day to go and visit too!
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive