Renewable Jobs Grow 7 times faster than UK Average – 5th May 2015
Jobs in the Renewable Energy Sector are growing 7 times faster than the UK average with over 112,000 people now employed in the sector according to a report released by the Renewable Energy Association (REA).
According to the study an increase in employment rate of 9% was witnessed across all renewable energy sectors compared to the UK average of 1.2% for the same period (Office of National Statistics). The highest performing renewable sector was biomass seeing jobs increase by 20% with the best performing regions in the UK being; the East Midlands, North West England, London and Scotland.
This increase in renewable energy jobs reflects the growing confidence in the renewable market and the wider economy. These figures have highlighted the opportunities for economic growth and energy security across the renewable energy industry.
For more information click here
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive