Pupils jubilant with wind farm funding towards their residential outdoor activity trip - 11th March
Staff and P6 pupils of St. Palladius Primary School in Dalry are thrilled to receive funding of £5,130 from Community Windpower Ltd which has covered the remaining balance of the costs for their 5 day residential adventure trip to PGL Winmarleigh Hall in Lancashire.
The bi-annual trip is planned for mid-May 2015 and will involve 23 pupils accompanied by several members of School staff. In addition, Community Windpower’s Educational Ranger Pete Boustead will also be attending and joining in the many outdoor activities from archery to quad biking and the amazing zip wire.
St. Palladius Primary School have organised numerous trips to this adventure centre over the years as it provides pupils with an amazing experience and provide them with valuable ‘life skills’, as often this is the first time pupils have stayed away from home without their parents. With the financial support of Community Windpower, the trip is accessible to all as this substantially reduces the payment required from parents.
Pupils and teachers are extremely excited to be attending and are already packing their bags for this week of fun, adventure and mud.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive