London's Oxford Street to be pedestrianised by 2020 - 15th July 2016
Oxford Street will be pedestrianised by 2020, the mayor of London’s office has announced.
The central London shopping hub is one of the busiest in the capital and is visited by more than 4 million people each week.
The plan will be rolled out in two stages to reduce disruption on the 1.2-mile stretch of road.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive