Community Windpower Ltd (CWL) were delighted to attend the annual fun-filled Haddington Show event in East Lothian on Saturday 27th June 2015, for their tenth year.
Staff from Community Windpower were pleased to be part of East Lothian’s annual agricultural event which took place on Saturday 27th June. It is estimated that 6,000 people attended the event this year, where delights included a demonstration by a gymnastic horse riding team, performances from the Haddington Pipe Band and a substantial food arena with plenty of treats. Children were well entertained with face painting and a gigantic bouncy castle along with the many traditional livestock competitions and agricultural demonstrations. The highlight of the show had to be the Vulcan aircraft flying over the showground as part of its last year in action before being decommissioned.
CWL staff enjoyed the day, manning our trade stall and were delighted with the interest and support shown for our Aikengall projects and our BeGreen Dunbar Energy Advice Centre. It was a fantastic opportunity to engage with local people and discuss our involvement within their communities.
We are pleased to have sponsored the Retrained Racehorses’ section at the show this year, with the winners qualifying for national competitions.
Overall, it was a great day on the east coast blessed with some beautiful sunny weather.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive