Community Windpower Ltd (CWL) were delighted to attend the annual fun-filled Haddington Show event in East Lothian on Saturday 27th June 2015, for their tenth year.
Staff from Community Windpower were pleased to be part of East Lothian’s annual agricultural event which took place on Saturday 27th June. It is estimated that 6,000 people attended the event this year, where delights included a demonstration by a gymnastic horse riding team, performances from the Haddington Pipe Band and a substantial food arena with plenty of treats. Children were well entertained with face painting and a gigantic bouncy castle along with the many traditional livestock competitions and agricultural demonstrations. The highlight of the show had to be the Vulcan aircraft flying over the showground as part of its last year in action before being decommissioned.
CWL staff enjoyed the day, manning our trade stall and were delighted with the interest and support shown for our Aikengall projects and our BeGreen Dunbar Energy Advice Centre. It was a fantastic opportunity to engage with local people and discuss our involvement within their communities.
We are pleased to have sponsored the Retrained Racehorses’ section at the show this year, with the winners qualifying for national competitions.
Overall, it was a great day on the east coast blessed with some beautiful sunny weather.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive