Fully assembled wind turbine at Millour Hill Extension - 12th February
This week saw the first turbine assembled in place on site at Millour Hill, with work now moving to assemble the second wind turbine.
Siemens construction personnel found a calm weather window in order to crane the parts into position for the 3 MW direct drive turbine.
Once the second turbine has been assembled, and the turbines commissioned, they will generate an extra 6.4 MW for Community Windpower's Millour Hill Wind Farm, supplying additional green energy for local Ayrshire homes.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive