Family Open Day - June 2015
Over 500 people attended the community event with families enjoying a variety of free activities including the very popular tractor rides, children’s entertainment and guided tours around the site. Visitors also enjoyed the free locally sourced food and refreshments.
The marquee was filled with local stalls, a display by BeGreen Dunbar along with information boards about our Aikengall Community Wind Farms.
We would like to thank everyone who helped out on the day and to the local community for coming along.
Aikengall Community Wind Farm has been operational since March 2009 and comprises of 16 Vestas V90 wind turbines generating 48 MW of clean, green electricity.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive