CWL's Canoeing Challenge 2016 - 31st May
Community Windpower staff enjoyed a second canoeing training session on Friday ahead of the CWL Challenge taking place next month. With only four weeks left before the big event, the afternoon provided a great opportunity for everyone to try out both canoes and kayaks and test their abilities on the River Dee with the help of Chester Kayak Hire.
On 23rd and 24th June, the CWL team will be canoeing over 30 miles along the River Severn, raising money for Tarporley War Memorial Hospital Trust. The route will start from Welshpool, Wales before crossing the border into England and finishing in Shrewsbury, with an overnight camping stop in-between.
If you would like to support our challenge and find out more about our progress, please visit our Virgin Money Giving page HERE
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive