CWL provide £6,300 to St Anne's Church - 16th June
Community Windpower is delighted to donate the bumper sum of £6,300 to assist local Church, St Anne’s with their major refurbishment.
St Anne’s is a very prominent church on the end of Dunbar High Street which is undergoing a major development. The refurbishment will see the Church being the only one in the area to be open daily to the community for a variety of uses.
When CWL were approached to help with the underfloor insulation, they jumped at the chance at being involved in such a major project, not only to make the building more energy efficient but also help in bringing the community together. The new space will provide a more welcoming and useable space for the congregation of the church, the local community and visitors.
The addition of insulation to the Nave, Chancel & High Alter will make a huge difference in making the church a more comfortable place to be and also cut back on energy bills.
John Rea the Convenor for the St Anne’s Development Group said, “We are over the moon that CWL are helping us with this major project. The improved, energy efficient heating, lighting and insulation are seen as essential in providing a warm and welcoming environment for all, whilst minimising our carbon footprint and containing running costs. A big Thank You.”
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive