CWL congratulate Elaine Hopley on record solo row across the Atlantic – 13th February
Community Windpower would like to say a huge well done and send many congratulations to Elaine Hopley on the incredible achievement of completing the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge, having raced solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
Elaine set a new race record for the fastest solo female, crossing the finish line after 59 days, 19 hours and 14 minutes. She left the Canary Islands in December and arrived in Antigua on Sunday morning; an amazing feat!
CWL are proud to have supported the journey, by sponsoring Elaine £4,877 for the solar power pack for her boat.
Elaine has been raising money for Alzheimer Scotland and there is still time to donate to such a worthwhile cause: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Elaine-Hopley1
Read more about Elaine's challenge here: http://www.eh-oceanrow.com/ and here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/n…/uk-scotland-tayside-central-38949186
We hope you are now enjoying a well-earned rest Elaine!
Photo credit: Ben Duffy via BBC News
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive