CWL are undertaking the ‘Tour de Wirral & Cheshire’ – 15th May 2015
In 3 weeks’ time, staff from Community Windpower will be dusting off their bikes and attempting to ride the 75km (50 mile) stretch from Liverpool to Chester and beyond to the Bickerton Poacher. The challenge includes overnight camping at the Bickerton Poacher creating much discussion as to which is going to be the more strenuous activity of this 24 hour challenge.
Bikes are currently being checked and serviced in preparation for ‘the challenge’ with one employee hoping to achieve the ride on a 6 – year olds children’s bike.
This challenge is all in aid of Hebden Green School, a local specialist school for children aged between 2-19 years old with a broad range of physical disabilities, medical needs and associated learning difficulties.
Staff at CWL want to raise a total of £5,000 and currently we have just hit the £2,000 mark, so everyone is pushing hard to achieve our target in the coming weeks. If you would like to donate please visit our JustGiving page via the link below:
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive