Cuts to onshore wind subsidies 'raise bills by £500m' - 5th November
Citizens Advice warns the end of new subsidies for onshore wind farms could see residential energy customers pay £500m more for electricity. The consumer group has stated that the cut in subsidies for one of the cheapest renewable technologies in the UK, will reverse the cuts made to energy bills and limit attempts to reduce harmful carbon emissions.
There is a warning that removing onshore wind from CfD auctions could lead to more expensive technologies being used instead, adding up to £500m over the 15-year period of subsidy contracts, equivalent to £30m a year.
Read more HERE
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive