Community Windpower's Summer Challenge features in this weeks Chester Chronicle - 21st August
CWL staff raised £10,450 for the specialist Hebden Green Community School in Winsford through pedal power earlier this summer. The Summer Challenge involved cycling over 75km from Liverpool City Centre to Chester and beyond, finishing at the Bickerton Poacher campsite. The day was a great success and we doubled our £5,000 fundraising target.
Staff then had the opportunity to visit Hebden Green School to present the cheque and see where the money raised from the cycling challenge will be used. Headteacher Alison Ashley said "our pupils and students have therapeutic needs alongside their education and care. We will be able to invest this generous donation towards purchasing specialist mobility aids, including standing frames and supportive seating. Such equipment is essential towards maintaining and improving physical management for our pupils and students, and can be shared and used between a range of pupils and students across the whole school. I an delighted and humbled that Community Windpower chose to support our wonderful school. Thank you to all their incredible staff, their families and communities for donating their time and money".
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive