Community Windpower Turn Up the Heat on the Cycle Challenge
Cycle gear and the compulsory green wigs have been purchased along with multiple bottles of sunscreen for, what is predicted to be, a very hot Community Windpower cycle challenge this Friday. The training is complete and the staff can do little more in preparation for the 50 mile cycle ride with temperatures predicted to be 20oC plus.
Currently we have received 92% of our £5000 fundraising target with personal donations yet to be counted. The funds will go towards the Hebden Green School, a local specialist school for children aged between 2-19 years old with a broad range of physical disabilities, medical needs and associated learning difficulties.
If you would like to learn more about the challenge and make a donation, please follow the link below to our JustGiving page:
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive