Community Windpower support local foodbanks over the festive period - 20th December
Community Windpower and the BeGreen Dalry Energy Advice Centre are proud to support the local North Ayrshire Foodbank over the festive season for the third year running. Following their donation of £8,000 this enabled the volunteers at the foodbank to create 140 hampers filled with Christmas treats.
The Christmas Hampers include a voucher for fresh meat parcels supplied by two local butchers (Lothians of Ardrossan and Stalkers of Dalry) and fresh fruit & vegetable parcels provided by Anne McGonigle of Dalry. Craig Crosthwaite, the North Ayrshire Food Bank Coordinator has worked tirelessly organising the provisions for the hampers and arranging the hamper packing event. This year, the team at Sainsbury’s assisted Craig with the food orders and provided discounts to help stretch the funding even further.
The Hamper packing took place on Monday 19th December 2016 with BeGreen Dalry staff on hand to help along with Councillor Anthea Dickson, Craig Crosthwaite and Foodbank volunteers.
These Christmas Hampers are provided on top of the emergency food parcel that individuals and families are referred for, to ensure that everyone at this time of year can enjoy Christmas and its food-related traditions.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive