Community Windpower Ltd donates £2,000 to the Nithsdale Times
Community Windpower Ltd is proud to be supporting the Nithsdale Times and have provided a grant of £2,000 to cover start-up costs. The donation will be put towards the purchase of a professional computer with publishing programme, a photocopier, office rental and supplies.
The Nithsdale Times is a locally owned and edited newspaper that covers the areas of Mid and Upper Nithsdale. It has taken the place of the previous local newspaper, ‘The Wee Paper’, which published its final edition in December 2014. The Nithsdale Times is a fortnightly publication that includes a wide range of local community news and local advertisements and is being coordinated and produced by the community
Norman Burns Vice Chair of Royal Burgh of Sanquhar Community Council said “The Community Council are most grateful and very pleased that Community Windpower are supporting us with the donation of £2,000 for the Nithsdale Times. This local paper is needed in Mid and Upper Nithsdale for the people to have a say and also to see what is happening locally. Without this generous sponsorship we would be unable to produce this paper. It shows that Community Windpower supports our area.”
CWL are committed to communities in the Upper Nithsdale area through their consented Sanquhar Community Wind Farm and the proposed Sanquhar ‘Six’ and Spango Community Wind Farms.
For more information please visit www.communitywindpower.co.uk.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive