Community Windpower donate £1,200 to the Upper Nithsdale 2016 Christmas Lights Events -12th December
Community Windpower Ltd (CWL) was delighted to provide a joint donation totaling £1,200 towards the Kirkconnel & Kelloholm and Sanquhar Christmas Lights 2016 Events.
The Kirkconnel & Kelloholm Christmas Event was held on Friday 25th November 2016. The event was held at the Nith building, Kelloholm and featured the Upper Nithsdale Youth Pipe Band and Sanquhar Silver Band who entertained the crowd with Christmas songs. Activities included fun fair rides, Santa’s Grotto and children’s entertainer Uncle Billy & Friends.
The Christmas Lights Switch-on’s in Upper Nithsdale are a popular annual community event that CWL are delighted to contribute towards.The Sanquhar Christmas Event was held on Saturday 3rd December and whilst the weather was cold, it stayed dry. The crowd was kept entertained by performances from The Rainbows Choir,
Sanquhar Primary Choir, Sanquhar Silver Band, The Upper Nithsdale Youth Pipe Band and Bubble the Clown. Clark’s Little Ark were also at the event with a pony and a donkey in a grassy enclosure. The lights were switched on by Sanquhar Academy Captains Alex Kerr and Jack Randall. Santa was busy throughout the event distributing gifts from his Grotto.
The Christmas Lights Switch-on’s in Upper Nithsdale are a popular annual community event that CWL are delighted to contribute towards.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive