Climate change goals require profound lifestyle changes - 15th February
Leaked European Commission document states European countries should prepare for a debate on the profound lifestyle changes required.
According to the Commission, a Europe-wide debate is needed to discuss how to limit global warming. This comes in response to the Paris Climate Summit held in December and the subsequent intent to limit global warming to 1.5C.
The document explains that since pre-industrial times, temperatures have already risen by 1C and therefore limiting climate change is not an easy undertaking; profound lifestyle changes need to be explored.
'Negative' emissions in the form of carbon capture and storage, geo-engineering and carbon dioxide removal should also be explored in more detail.
The European Commission is already developing scenarios for increasing emissions cuts through energy saving measures and a new renewable energy directive.
Read more HERE
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive