Christmas Hampers for Dunbar families - 17th December 2014
Community Windpower are delighted to donate £10,000 for Christmas Hampers for families, couples and individuals in Dunbar and surrounding villages in East Lothian.
Together with BeGreen Dunbar and working alongside The Ridge, we have provided 120 Christmas Hampers for those in need and struggling on benefits this festive season, along with a meal for over 30 residents of a local sheltered scheme.
The hampers contain essential store-cupboard items purchased from the Dunbar Cooperative supermarket, plus gift vouchers for the local butcher, greengrocers and the Ridge Cafe, all of which are in Dunbar.
Councillor Norman Hampshire who supports this festive project and assisted with the hamper packing last Saturday, stated “We know many families are struggling financially and we are glad to help as many people as possible to enjoy Christmas with food from local shops. With the help of local organisations we have identified people in need”.
Community Windpower remains committed to our local communities and we thank everyone for their assistance with coordinating and delivering these hampers.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive