Christmas Hampers for Dunbar families - 17th December 2014
Community Windpower are delighted to donate £10,000 for Christmas Hampers for families, couples and individuals in Dunbar and surrounding villages in East Lothian.
Together with BeGreen Dunbar and working alongside The Ridge, we have provided 120 Christmas Hampers for those in need and struggling on benefits this festive season, along with a meal for over 30 residents of a local sheltered scheme.
The hampers contain essential store-cupboard items purchased from the Dunbar Cooperative supermarket, plus gift vouchers for the local butcher, greengrocers and the Ridge Cafe, all of which are in Dunbar.
Councillor Norman Hampshire who supports this festive project and assisted with the hamper packing last Saturday, stated “We know many families are struggling financially and we are glad to help as many people as possible to enjoy Christmas with food from local shops. With the help of local organisations we have identified people in need”.
Community Windpower remains committed to our local communities and we thank everyone for their assistance with coordinating and delivering these hampers.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive