Christmas Hampers are gifted to the North Ayrshire Foodbank - 18th December 2014
Community Windpower are delighted to have provided funding for 100 festive Hampers to the North Ayrshire Foodbank for local people in crisis this Christmas, which will supplement the emergency three-day food parcel they will receive.
Our donation of £7,500 has enabled these hampers to be prepared which contain fresh meats from a local butcher based in Ardrossan and traditional Christmas foods for festive cheer.
Provost Sturgeon and Councillor Gibson from North Ayrshire Council attended a presentation on Wednesday morning where Rob Fryer, Projects Director of Community Windpower and Educational Ranger Pete Boustead, handed over the donation to Craig Crosthwaite who manages the North Ayrshire Foodbank.
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive