Christmas Hampers are gifted to the North Ayrshire Foodbank - 18th December 2014
Community Windpower are delighted to have provided funding for 100 festive Hampers to the North Ayrshire Foodbank for local people in crisis this Christmas, which will supplement the emergency three-day food parcel they will receive.
Our donation of £7,500 has enabled these hampers to be prepared which contain fresh meats from a local butcher based in Ardrossan and traditional Christmas foods for festive cheer.
Provost Sturgeon and Councillor Gibson from North Ayrshire Council attended a presentation on Wednesday morning where Rob Fryer, Projects Director of Community Windpower and Educational Ranger Pete Boustead, handed over the donation to Craig Crosthwaite who manages the North Ayrshire Foodbank.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive