Calder Water Open Day - April 2014
Community Windpower recently held a Family Open Day at Calder Water Community Wind Farm near Strathaven in South Lanarkshire. The community event was free and provided free entertainment and face painting for children, refreshments and BBQ food, along with guided tours of the wind farm with the opportunity to see inside a turbine.
Inside the marquee there were regular talks about the project, the turbines and how the wind farm was built, along with information boards about the history of Calder Water project.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive