Advance Order for Scottish Manufacturer - 3rd Feb 2017
Community Windpower Ltd (CWL) announce the advance order of Scottish Steel turbine towers from CSWind UK’s Campbeltown plant in Scotland.
Community Windpower are pleased to announce, that, in collaboration with Vestas, we have agreed the early order of the turbine towers for our Sanquhar Community Wind Farm which helps to fill a production gap in CSWind UK’s work programme. This flexibility in terms of ordering is most unusual; advance ordering of the towers which are not due on site at Sanquhar until August. We are delighted that we have been able to assist in this innovative way, which further reinforces our commitment to CSWind UK and the Scottish onshore wind supply chain.
We are also committed to ordering 45 tower sections from CSWind UK for our Sneddon Law scheme and are looking forward to our other consented and future projects featuring Scottish fabricated towers.
Rod Wood, Community Windpower’s Managing Director commented, ‘We are delighted to have been able to facilitate this early order and understand the positive impact this will have on the production pipeline at CSWindUK ; we are especially pleased continuing our long term relationship with CSWindUK particularly given the uncertainty in the renewables sector at present.’
Lesley Black, UK Sales Team Manager at CSWind UK responded; ‘We are delighted to have signed another order to supply towers for a Community Windpower project. 2017 is a challenging year for UK onshore tower manufacturers with stiff competition and low prices coming from imported towers and a large number of onshore projects being delayed or cancelled altogether. The support from Community Windpower to secure this order to be manufactured in Scotland and their working together with Vestas to bring the timing of the project forward to help with any order gaps, is invaluable.’
- CWL and BeGreen are delighted to donate £1,000 towards Macy's life changing surgery - 24th February
- £3,000 for The Sandpiper Trust - 22nd February
- Texas emerges as an improbable state for national leader in the US wind energy boom – 20th February
- World's largest wind mapping project gets underway at Perdigão – 15th February
- CWL congratulate Elaine Hopley on record solo row across the Atlantic – 13th February
- EU must close all coal plants by 2030 to meet Paris climate pledges says study - 10th February
- See our news archive