Act on climate change now, top British institutions tell governments - 22nd July
British institutions urge governments to act immediately on climate change to avert the worst impacts. The statement, released by 24 academic and professional institutions, explains that tackling global warming would drive economic progress and benefit the health of millions by cutting pollution and improving access to resources.
They warn that the world must end all emissions within the next few decades to have a reasonable chance of keeping warming below 2C, the internationally agreed danger limit.
Read more here
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive