Act on climate change now, top British institutions tell governments - 22nd July
British institutions urge governments to act immediately on climate change to avert the worst impacts. The statement, released by 24 academic and professional institutions, explains that tackling global warming would drive economic progress and benefit the health of millions by cutting pollution and improving access to resources.
They warn that the world must end all emissions within the next few decades to have a reasonable chance of keeping warming below 2C, the internationally agreed danger limit.
Read more here
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive