£3,600 for the North Ayrshire Foodbank - 19th November
Through BeGreen Dalry and our Dalry Community Wind Farm, Community Windpower is proud to continue its support for the vital work being done by the North Ayrshire Foodbank in the local community.
Recently, Community Windpower has provided funding of £2,907 towards the Make A Meal Of It (MAMOI) programme. This scheme, thanks to North Ayrshire Council, provides hot healthy meals to children attending the two school holiday activity clubs run by the North Ayrshire Food Bank. The programme ensures the children do not go hungry during the holidays, as when at school, they receive free school meals. North Ayrshire Council provides funding towards 3 days each week and Community Windpower is pleased to provide funding to cover the remaining 2 days of the week.
CWL are also delighted to have donated £750 to the North Ayrshire Foodbank for two sand art tables which are used as part of the school holiday activity clubs as well as other community events run by the charity.
Craig Crosthwaite, Foodbank Coordinator outlined the importance of the project; ‘We had another successful 7 weeks of providing this important support to the children of Ardrossan and Ardeer and the Sand Art tables were a great addition to the activities held during October half term at the two centres. We thank Community Windpower for their continued support and generosity as this has enabled us to be successful in meeting the social and recreational needs of the children as well as ensuring that they received their nutritional intake each day’.
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive