16 days and counting until the Community Windpower Challenge - 20th May 2015
The staff at Community Windpower are in full training mode attempting to achieve fitness ahead of the CWL challenge in 2 weeks time. Adaptations and comfort techniques are currently being made to the bikes in an attempt to make the ride as easy as possible.
We have just passed the halfway point towards our £5,000 total with the in-house competition heating up as to who can gather the most individual sponsorship and take home the prestigious ‘CWL Fundraising Challenge’ Award.
This year the challenge is all in aid of Hebden Green School, a local specialist school for children aged between 2-19 years old with a broad range of physical disabilities, medical needs and associated learning difficulties.
If you would like to learn more about the challenge and make a donation, please follow the link below to our JustGiving page:
- Conservative windfarm policy endangers cheap energy in UK. - 25th April
- 135 years on and the UK experiences its first day without coal power: 24th April
- Electric vehicle surge could disrupt UK energy network, finds report from Green Alliance: 21st April
- CWL proud to continue partnership with Ayrshire College - 19th April
- The cost effectiveness of onshore wind - 13th April
- Government given deadline on climate change publication - 12th April
- See our news archive