16 days and counting until the Community Windpower Challenge - 20th May 2015
The staff at Community Windpower are in full training mode attempting to achieve fitness ahead of the CWL challenge in 2 weeks time. Adaptations and comfort techniques are currently being made to the bikes in an attempt to make the ride as easy as possible.
We have just passed the halfway point towards our £5,000 total with the in-house competition heating up as to who can gather the most individual sponsorship and take home the prestigious ‘CWL Fundraising Challenge’ Award.
This year the challenge is all in aid of Hebden Green School, a local specialist school for children aged between 2-19 years old with a broad range of physical disabilities, medical needs and associated learning difficulties.
If you would like to learn more about the challenge and make a donation, please follow the link below to our JustGiving page:
- Due to high temperatures in the Polar Regions Arctic Ice has fallen - 23rd March
- CWL confirm Memorandum of Understanding with Kelloholm Primary School - 21st March
- Liberia Hydropower back up and running - 15th March
- Madrid to ban old motor vehicles - 14th March
- Scottish growers Berry exited by new technology - 10th March
- Dalry Parish Boundary Trust donates £542 to Dalry Camera Club
- See our news archive