Community Windpower works closely with local communities to provide educational, environmental and social benefits for the lifetime of the windfarm. Community Benefits are tailored to the requirements of the local communities and below are a few examples of the benefits we have provided:
- Educational presentations and interactive workshops for primary and secondary Schools on sustainability, energy awareness and renewable energy, click here for more information;
- Employ an Educational Ranger to work with local schools, specialised in the delivery of environmental topics;
- Bursaries for local students who are enrolled on a Renewable Energy course at a UK university/college;
- Development, funding and implementation of our BeGreen Energy Advice Service;
- Educational site visits to the windfarm thus using the windfarm as an educational resource;
- Creation of jobs for local people;
- Funding for environmental and eco-friendly community projects to enhance the local area;
- Funding for educational trips and activities for local schools.
Please follow the links below for further information on our Community Involvement and Benefits for specific projects.