BeGreen Advice Centres
The BeGreen Energy Advice Centres are a unique initiative developed by Community Windpower to help local communities to reduce domestic carbon emissions, reduce fuel poverty and improve energy efficiency with the aim of becoming Carbon Neutral.
Our two BeGreen Energy Advice Centres provide:
- Advice on energy efficiency in order to reduce energy usage;
- Help residents of poorly insulated homes to search for and obtain grants and funding for free or discounted cavity wall and loft insulation and other energy efficiency measures, with additional top-up funding available from BeGreen;
- Provide home energy audits to determine the energy efficiency status of homes and provide recommendations on how the energy efficiency could be improved;
- Advice and information on alternative energy systems and assisting with installations, searching for grants/funding, contacting approved installers and the provision of top-up grants;
- A carbon calculator service to review fuel bills, check tariffs and offering advice on how to reduce bills;
- Working partnerships with other groups to deliver the Low Carbon message and raise awareness by presenting in the local community, visiting schools and community groups, and ensuring the most up-to-date information is always available;
- Free energy efficient resources including low energy light bulbs and powerdowns, and offering services to assist with sustainability e.g. battery recycling facilities.
For more information on the BeGreen Energy Advice Centres located in Dalry in North Ayrshire and Dunbar in East Lothian, please visit www.begreencentres.co.uk