Community Windpower are wholly committed to fulfilling community obligations once planning permission has been obtained and we work closely with our local host communities to provide economic, educational, environmental and social benefits for the lifetime of the wind farm.
Community Benefits we provide:
- Educational presentations and interactive workshops for primary and secondary Schools on sustainability, energy awareness and renewable energy;
- Creation of jobs for local people - we currently employ an Educational Ranger and Energy Advisors;
- An Educational Ranger to work with local schools, specialised in the delivery of environmental topics;
- Funding and operation of our BeGreen Energy Advice Service including grant funding for energy efficiency measures and renewable energy installations;
- Working Partnerships with Colleges which includes Student Placement Schemes;
- Educational site visits to the wind farm thus using the wind farm as an educational resource;
- Funding for environmental and eco-friendly community projects to enhance the local area;
- Funding for educational trips and activities for local schools;
- Sponsorship for local events and shows.